Opportunities to volunteer with WHC are opening up again. We will be contacting all former volunteers to see if they still wish to help.
We are also open to receiving new applications. In the form linked below you can indicate all the roles you might be interested in now or in the future. Note, they do not all have current vacancies. Volunteers are currently needed in these roles:
- Advice and support
- Admin (office or remote)
- Occasional events support (eg staffing a stall)
- Speaking to community groups for WHC
- Advice and support: taking calls from members of the public who may be homeless or at risk of homelessness and taking details so a WHC staff member can contact them.
- Administration: various roles in the WHC office or working from home; covering phones and email; entering data; correspondence.
- Hosting: working in a team to welcome and provide people with a meal, a shower and a chance to wash clothes, and other tasks during an evening.
- Accompanying to appointments: driving or accompanying someone to an appointment (eg hospital or court).
- Food parcel delivery: collecting food parcels from One Can Trust and delivering them to allocated people at their accommodation.
- Cooking: Preparing and serving a nutritious meal for people at weekly WHC evening sessions.
- Event support: representing WHC occasionally on a stand at events, and other similar activities.
- Sorting and carefully storing donations of food and clothing to make sure they are useful and accessible.
- Speaker panel: speaking to community groups occasionally about homelessness and the work of WHC.
For more detail, contact email@example.com.
So that we can operate effectively and safely, we need all WHC volunteers to undertake induction, and in most cases further training specific to the role.
Click here to apply to volunteer with WHC.