Our vision is that our community is transformed into a place where there is suitable housing for all – because we believe that is what God wants in his world. We believe we are called to serve Him to bring this about.
We help people who are homeless or facing homelessness by:
- Preventing homelessness before it starts
- Reducing harm for people who are homeless
- Helping house people who are homeless
- Defending the rights of people who are homeless or facing homelessness
The biblical values behind why we do what we do
- We believe that every individual bears the image of God and has worth.
- We believe that everyone should have the chance of a fresh start.
- We work in response to God’s call to give shelter to the homeless.
- We work for a society that reflects God’s ideals, in which everyone is suitably housed.
The biblical values behind how we work
- We aim to honour the example of Jesus Christ, pursuing excellence and integrity in all we do.
- We treat every person we meet with dignity and respect.
- We aim to care for the whole person, taking account of physical, emotional and spiritual need.
- We go the extra mile to provide support.
- We aim to be a demonstration of God’s love in action.
- We aim to rely on God’s help through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
These principles are rooted in the faith foundation of the charity
We are supported by local churches, which provide premises and many volunteers.
We will help anyone who needs assistance, and welcome volunteers from any faith and none.
We do not seek to impose the Christian faith on others, but we believe it powers the organisation, our welcoming atmosphere and the quality of our work.